If getting on Google+, Google+ Local, Google Places and Google Maps makes your head spin the way it does mine, you no longer have to fear the upkeep and complexity of updating several properties.
Here’s why: On June 11, 2014,Google announced yet another Google property: Google My Business.
I know, I know, another thing to worry about in Google. However, this time they’ making it easier to access your Google account from ONE dashboard. In fact, Google says this new platform/update is “a free and easy way to find and connect with your people, wherever you are.”
10 Things You Need to Know About Google My Business
1. Google My Business is FREE.
2. If you’re currently using Google’s business resources and services, your account has been automatically upgraded to Google My Business.
3. Google My Business will have all of your contact information at your customers’ fingertips, with the ability to click and call from mobile phones.
4. You can access all of your Google properties (Google+, Google Maps, Google Analytics, YouTube) from ONE dashboard.
5. Access insights for your Google properties from the dashboard.
6. Share Google+ status updates, photos, videos, and links all from your dashboard.
7. Start a Google+ Hangout from your dashboard.
8. The information you provide on Google My Business will appear on Google Search, Google Maps and Google+.
9. For businesses with multiple locations, you can add them all at once. You can do this here.
10. Google My Business is available as a mobile app. It’s currently available for Android, and an iOS version will launch soon.